Use a yard sale to reduce the clutter in your home and get rid of items you don’t want to move.
1. Check with your municipality to see if you need a permit or license.
2. See if neighbours want to participate and have a “block” sale to attract
3. Advertise. Put an ad in free classified papers. Put up signs and balloons at
major intersections and in stores near your home.
4. Price items ahead and attach prices with removable stickers. Remember,
yard sales are supposed to be bargains, so don’t try to sell anything of
significant value this way.
5. Check items before the sale to be sure you haven’t including something you
want by mistake.
6. Keep pets away from the sale.
7. Display everything neatly and individually so customers don’t have to dig
8. Have an electrical outlet so buyers can test appliances.
9. Have plenty of bags and newspaper for wrapping fragile items.
10. Get enough change and keep a close eye on your cash.